Be part of a team aiming for higher outcomes for the health of wai and tangata in Aotearoa.
The strength of the wai of Aotearoa is in the strength of our people.
We are a small Crown entity that began in March 2021. We are all passionate about making a difference for Aotearoa, our communities and the health of our people – helping to build the capability of Taumata Arowai people and the sector at large so everyone has safe drinking water.
Taumata Arowai is committed to working in partnership across Aotearoa, taking our lead from Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Mana o te Wai, to regulate and influence the water services sector to improve outcomes.
If you’re a passionate and driven individual who has great aspirations for our tamariki and mokopuna, then join us and be part of making a difference.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Regulatory Delivery Advisor
- Type: Permanent
- Hours: Full time
- Location: Hamilton
- Business Group: Regulatory
- Salary: $82,600 (85%) - $97,176 (100%) - $106,894 (110%)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our Senior Regulatory Delivery Advisor is an integral part of the Regulatory Delivery Team, working to deliver a broad and complex range of regulatory functions and duties of Taumata Arowai. Along with our Regulatory Team Leader and Regulatory Delivery Advisor, this role will form part of our hub in Hamilton.
In this new and hands-on role, you will be responsible for leading a range of regulatory compliance activities including the monitoring and undertaking of audits and investigations of drinking water suppliers. You will also be required to work with drinking water suppliers to manage and resolve any non-compliance with drinking water standards or guidance, so you will be relied upon for your good practical judgment and ability to remain focused and calm under pressure.
Protecting the health of our wai and tangata is integral to the work of Taumata Arowai – and this role will be part of delivering on our promise to Aotearoa and working to see a real change in how our wai is monitored and protected.
The successful candidate will be based in Hamilton and will work alongside the rest of the team from the Hamilton City Council office.
If you are currently based outside of Hamilton, a relocation package will be available for the successful candidate. Please indicate in your covering letter if you wish to relocate to Hamilton for this role.
Innovation and creativity are key drivers in the way we will work – our size requires us to be smart and agile.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years’ experience working within a regulatory or audit environment and experience working with others to undertake investigations and audits.
- Has a robust understanding of the New Zealand drinking water system, particularly as a key portion of this role will be reviewing drinking water safety plans and supporting our stakeholders with emerging issues relating to drinking water and non-compliance.
- Possesses sound judgement and analytical skills, with particular emphasis on application in a regulatory environment.
- Has an ability to work within and apply risk management frameworks and undertake core regulatory compliance activities to a high standard.
- Is comfortable engaging with stakeholders to provide education and information at the frontline, with an ability to build sustaining positive working relationships with a range of people and communities.
- Has demonstrated experience in leading operational work and can work under pressure with the ability to remain calm, composed and focussed.
- Holds a full clean Driver’s License.
KOWHEORI-19 - Ngā kano ārai mate | COVID-19 - Vaccines
All candidates are asked to disclose their vaccination status as part of the application process. Please see the Taumata Arowai Application form for where to provide this information.
All individuals employed or contracted by Taumata Arowai are required to obtain and maintain a current COVID-19 vaccine pass issued by the New Zealand Ministry of Health. Taumata Arowai will request proof of vaccination status upon appointment.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
For more information, see the position description.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact our People and Culture team at email@example.com.
Rā Katinga | Applications close Monday 31 January 2022.
You must have a legal right to work in New Zealand at the time of submitting your application.