Privacy, copyright and disclaimer
How your personal information is managed by Taumata Arowai, and copyright and disclaimer statements about material on our website.
This privacy statement covers how personal information managed by Taumata Arowai will be respected and cared for.
At Taumata Arowai we are committed to ensuring that personal information is treated appropriately and in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 2020. We will only collect, use or disclose personal information as allowed under our governing legislation or the Privacy Act.
Collecting and using your information
We collect information from you when you:
- talk to us over the phone
- meet with us
- provide us with documents and evidence in any form.
Sharing your information
We only share your personal information if it is required under our governing legislation or by law.
Securing your information
We will respect your information and keep it safe. We know your information is very important and take our responsibilities seriously. Our staff are trained in the appropriate use of information and are aware of how to keep information your information confidential.
We have systems and safeguards in place to control how we collect, manage and use your information. This helps us use your information appropriately and keep it safe.
Our systems are secure and only people that need to use your personal information will have access to it. This includes digital, electronic and physical (hard copy) information.
All information generated by Taumata Arowai are public records and will be managed under the provisions of the Public Records Act 2005.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you have any concerns and wish to access or amend any of the personal information you provided to Taumata Arowai, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy while using this website
This website can be viewed without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
You may decide to provide identifying information when:
- subscribing to site updates by email (when available)
- seeking information from or via the site
- asking us a question
- providing feedback to us.
Personal information that you provide will be held by Taumata Arowai.
We will only use personal information provided to communicate with you if you have asked a question or requested us to contact you.
We use Google Analytics to collect statistical information about your visit to help us analyse use of, and improve, the website. This information includes:
- users' IP addresses
- users' search terms
- pages accessed on the site
- links that are clicked on
- date and time of site visits
- previous visited site
- users' operating systems
- browsers used when accessing the site.
The website generates persistent cookies for all visitors for the purpose of collecting the statistical information referred to above. The cookies, which can be found on your computer, are named:
Questions and support
If you have a question about the information we hold, or a concern about how we've handled your information, you can email us on email@example.com
Copyright ©. Copyright material on this website is protected by copyright owned by Taumata Arowai.
Unless indicated otherwise, this copyright material is licensed for re-use under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the material, as long as you attribute it to Taumata Arowai and abide by the other licence terms.
Please note that this licence does not apply to any logos, emblems, trademarks, photography or imagery on the website or to the website’s design elements. Those specific items may not be re-used without express permission.
This notice of copyright should accompany any information printed or downloaded from the web server.
The information available on or through this website is intended to provide general information to the public. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the quality and accuracy of this information.
Those accessing this website are advised:
- Taumata Arowai makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness, completeness or use of any information that is available on or through this website, nor represents that its use would not infringe on privately owned rights.
- Taumata Arowai may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.
- The content of this website should not be construed as legal, business or tax advice and visitors to this website should take specific advice from qualified professional people before undertaking any action following information received from this website.
- Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of it.
This notice of disclaimer should accompany any information printed or downloaded from the web server.