Legislation regarding Taumata Arowai.
Read our key documents including the Water Services Act, which came into effect on 15 November 2021, and Taumata Arowai-the Water Services Regulator Act, which Taumata Arowai was established under.
The key legislation for Taumata Arowai is published on the New Zealand Legislation website.
Regulations made under the Water Services Act 2021 by the Governor-General by Order in Council on recommendation of the Minister of Local Government. Published on the New Zealand Legislation website.
Drinking Water Standards
Regulations to set drinking water standards made under the Water Services Act 2021 by the Governor-General by Order in Council on recommendation of the Minister of Local Government and following public consultation. Published on the New Zealand Legislation website.
The Drinking-water Standards for New Zealand 2005 (Revised 2018) issued by the Minister of Health under the Health Act 1956 continue in force as if made under the Water Services Act 2021 until the new drinking water standards come into effect on 14 November 2022.
Compliance rules made under the Water Services Act 2021 by Taumata Arowai following public consultation.
Aesthetic values issued under the Water Services Act 2021 by Taumata Arowai following public consultation.
Acceptable Solutions and Verification Methods
Requirements for Laboratories
Requirements relating to laboratories prescribed under the Water Services Act 2021 by Taumata Arowai.
Record-keeping requirements for monitoring and reporting purposes
Record-keeping requirements made under the Water Services Act 2021 by Taumata Arowai requiring network operators to to keep and maintain records relating to compliance with applicable environmental performance measures and targets.
The applicable measures referred to in the notice can be found in the Drinking water network environmental performance measures and guidance material.
The New Zealand Gazette is the official Government newspaper and authoritative journal of constitutional record. It contains official government notifications that are required by legislation to be published.
- 25 July 2022: Compliance Rules Notice 2022
- 30 June 2022: Environmental Performance Measures Record Keeping Requirements for Drinking Water Network Operators Notice 2022
- 15 June 2022: Aesthetic Values for Drinking Water Notice 2022. View our published notice.
- 22 December 2021: Notification of Prescribed Requirements Related to Accredited Laboratories. Find out more about the requirements relating to laboratories.
- 11 November 2021: Appointment of IANZ as a Laboratory Accreditation Body Notice 2021
- 10 November 2021: Drinking Water Supply Registration Notice 2021