Te Puna Kōrero,
Thank you for your submissions on the proposed documents. Our consultation is now closed.
This was the first of many consultations which will help inform our regulatory approach. As the new water services regulator of Aotearoa New Zealand, we’re committed to ensuring all communities receive safe drinking water every day.
From 17 January to 28 March 2022, we sought feedback on the following proposed documents:
- Drinking Water Standards
- Drinking Water Quality Assurance Rules
- Drinking Water Aesthetic Values
- Drinking Water Acceptable Solution for Roof Water Supplies
- Drinking Water Acceptable Solution for Spring and Bore Water Supplies
- Drinking Water Acceptable Solution for Rural Agricultural Water Supplies
- Drinking Water Network Environmental Performance Measures
What happens next?
We will analyse and summarise submissions, then provide advice to the Minister of Local Government on the proposed Drinking Water Standards.
At a later date, we’ll outline any changes made before finalising the remaining documents and what these will mean for drinking water suppliers and drinking water network operators.
It’s likely the new Standards, Rules, Aesthetic Values, Acceptable Solutions and some of the Network Environmental Performance Measures for registered drinking water suppliers will be adopted on or around 1 July 2022.
If you have any questions about the consultation, please contact email@example.com