Hinekōrako will be offline from 9.00am – 5.00pm this Saturday 24 September

Find out how to notify us during this time on the
Planned Hinekōrako outage page.

E māharahara ana koe ki tō wai inu?,
Are you concerned about your drinking water?

Taumata Arowai is committed to safe drinking water being provided to all New Zealanders.

If you believe your drinking water is not safe, the first thing you should do is raise your concern directly with your drinking water supplier. However, if after raising your concern with your drinking water supplier, you believe your drinking water is still unsafe, then please let us know by emailing us at info@taumataarowai.govt.nz

Not sure who supplies your water?

Most people are on a water supply owned by either their district or city council, or water management company such as Water Care in Auckland and Wellington Water. If you’re unsure who your drinking water supplier is you can find out here on the public register.

Drinking water emergencies

Find out more here about what to do in a drinking water emergency to protect the health of you and your whānau .