Join our passionate team aiming for higher outcomes for the health of wai and tangata in Aotearoa.
Taumata Arowai is (currently) a small Crown entity that began in March 2021. We're committed to working in partnership across Aotearoa, taking our lead from Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Mana o te Wai, to regulate and influence the water services sector to improve outcomes for wai and tangata .
The strength of the wai is in the strength of our people. Hear directly from our kaimahi about why they joined Taumata Arowai and what drives them.
If you’re a passionate and driven individual who has been inspired by some of our kaimahi stories, then join us and help make a difference.
International research tells us that women and people from minority groups don't always apply for roles if they are concerned that they don't meet every single one of the requirements. We're open to talking to you about how your skills and experiences could be a great fit with what we need and what we’re trying to achieve.
We're always open to interagency secondments from across the public service so if you are interested in any of the current roles, you’re welcome to contact us to discuss making this happen.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment team email@example.com
Senior Regulatory Delivery Advisor
Senior Regulatory Delivery Advisor
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Regulatory
Salary: $82,600 (85%) - $97,176 (100%) - $106,894 (110%)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our Senior Regulatory Delivery Advisor is an integral part of the Regulatory Delivery Team, working to deliver a broad and complex range of regulatory functions and duties of Taumata Arowai.
In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for leading a range of regulatory compliance activities including the monitoring and undertaking of audits and investigations of drinking water suppliers. You will also be required to work with drinking water suppliers to manage and resolve any non-compliance with drinking water standards or guidance, so you will be relied upon for your good practical judgment and ability to remain focused and calm under pressure.
Kaitiakitanga of our wai, ensuring safe water, every day for everyone, is integral to the work of Taumata Arowai – and this role will be part of delivering on our promise to Aotearoa and working to see a real change in how our wai is monitored and protected.
The successful candidate will be based in Hamilton and will work alongside the rest of the Hamilton Regulatory team from the stunning Waikato Regional Council offices.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years’ experience working within a regulatory or audit environment and experience working with others to undertake investigations and audits.
- Has a robust understanding of drinking water treatment systems and standards, particularly as a key portion of this role will be reviewing drinking water safety plans and supporting our stakeholders with emerging issues relating to drinking water and non-compliance.
- Possesses sound judgement and analytical skills, with particular emphasis on application in a regulatory environment.
- Has an ability to work within and apply risk management frameworks and undertake core regulatory compliance activities to a high standard.
- Is comfortable engaging with stakeholders to provide education and information at the frontline.
- Holds a full clean Driver’s License.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
For more information, see the position description.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact our People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rā Katinga | Applications will close when a successful candidate is appointed.
You must have a legal right to work in New Zealand at the time of submitting your application.